Wednesday, December 5, 2012
CONGRESS MANIFESTO-2012 :- GENERAL ADMINISTRATION, LAW & ORDER PROHIBITION
During the BJP rule, condition of the administration and overall law and order situation has deteriorated.
Intentionally, huge numbers of posts in the administration are kept vacant resulting in unforgivable delay in carrying out people's problems and even routine work suffers because of lack of staff. Moreover, the present BJP government remains busy in politically motivated 'festivals' and 'celebrations', thus wasting at least hundred days a year for such unproductive activities undertaken only to garner publicity for the CM at public cost. It will be the endeavour of the Congress to solve this problem and shall stop the misuse of Administrative machinery which will be strictly used only for welfare of the people as envisaged under our constitution.
● It will be a policy to recruit new staff on full wages.
● Adequate police and security personnel will be recruited with full salary to make Gujarat, a border state, safer.
● Posts which have remained vacant for years shall be field up in a time bound manner so that Government, Semi Government and such other institutions could work efficiently.
● benefits of the Sixth Pay Commission as per the norms of the Central Government shall be extended to State Government employees.
● There are discrepancies in the salary scales of state government employees since 2001. A high level committee will be formed to remove these anomalies. Representatives of employees will be included in the committee.
● All the 62,000 vacant posts and the huge number of backlog vacancies shall be field up within one year.
● The policy of providing employment on compassionate grounds shall be reintroduced in government and all government controlled bodies.
● We will complete the process of implementing the Gujarat High Court order regarding employees with fixed salaries.
● The problems of the government employees will be resolved by holding a meeting of the recognised bodies of employees with the Chief Minister at least once every year.
● The gates of the Secretariat will be permanently open for public.
● Administrative set up will be made more effective for better utilisation of the RTI Act. Each region will have Information Commissione r and mor e than 10 commissioners will be appointed to deal with RTI matters which will be settled within 100 days.
● For the employees and officers of the state, 'Public Accountability Act' will be enacted and implemented.
● Details like Government reports, documents presented before the Legislative Assembly including questions tabled before the Assembly and their replies, Bills, annual reports of the public enterprises, budget of local self government bodies, proceedings and resolutions will be made public in print at reasonable cost and shall also be made available online.
● Former MLAs will be provided facilities for maintaining their dignity and honour.
● Justice delayed is justice denied. Immediate action will be initiated to fill up all vacancies in all courts for the speedy disposal of pending cases.
● The claims under 'The Right to Forest Land' Act shall be settled within six months.
● Right to Education will be implemented in letter and spirit.